CR:X Convertible Kiteboarding Class is the first One Design racing equipment that can be used in twip-tip or hydrofoil mode.
It has been developed by Neil Pryde producers of the Olympic RS:X Windsurf Board
It has a wind range from 8 knots – 35 knots.
It allows competitors to race in light winds on the Hydrofoil , Twin Tip Racing and also KITECROSS.
We are currently organising events where we can showcase the discipline of CR:X racing with clinics and racing at high profile events as well as stand alone CR:X events
Our long term plans include a series of events in every Country, Continental and World Championships.
The equipment is totally unique and can be used for all standards from youth/ beginners in a Twin Tip mode right up to a performance hydro foil board.
What is a Class?
A class is a recognised type of Boat / Board / Kiteboard who race together using racing rules of sailing. However, simpler formats will be used at regional levels. It is a membership organisation – for sailors/riders/ coaches and organises continental and world championships.
Along with helping the class develop at a national level though coaching, race training and events. It holds an AGM and is a not-for-profit organisation. The class is separate from the manufacturer.
There is a rule book for the class – dimensions, manufacturer.Sailing RulesCRX Rules
Board Structure – going forward
The board of the class is made up of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Manufacturers Representative, Six Continental Representatives (can be board members in other positions), Female Sailor, Male Sailor, and Coach.
The Executive Secretary is appointed by the board and is responsible for the day to day running of the org.
What is World Sailing?
World Sailing is the world governing body for the sport of sailing, officially recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
- World Sailing is responsible for:
- the promotion of the sport internationally;
- managing sailing at the Olympic and Paralympic Games;
- developing the Racing Rules of Sailing and regulations for all sailing competitions;
- the training of judges, umpires and other administrators;
- the development of the sport around the world; and
- representing the sailors in all matters concerning the sport.
The principle members of World Sailing are the ‘Member National Authorities’ (MNAs) and the ‘Class Associations’.
The MNAs are the national governing bodies for sailing around the world and all their contact details are available in the MNA section.
Over 100 Class Associations are members of World Sailing which means they are entitled to hold a World Championship – more information about the different types of boat and board is available in the Classes and Equipment section.Learn More
World Sailing recognition as a Class
Presented at the World Sailing meeting in Spain in Nov 2016 the following was recommended by the equipment committee:
Recommendation to Council: The Equipment Committee request Council’s permission to approve the CR:X Class application at the Equipment Committee 2017 Mid-Year meeting once the worldwide distribution of boats has been met. Approve in May 2017 subject to signing a contract.
We will meet the requirements of distribution and await approval at mid-year meeting in May.
This is available to individuals through entering events or for Nations who wish to pay for all national members.
Available through www.regattatoolbox.com. There is Senior or Junior Memberships. Join now Click here
This is available for National Kite Associations or Member Nations of World Sailing to register all competitors as members of CR:X. Please contact the class direct firstname.lastname@example.org
CR:X Mission Statement
- The feeder progressive Class for Kite racing within World Sailing.
- Encourage and support new participants into the sport of kiteboarding.
- Provide a versatile, convertible training platform for athletes to develop their skills, safely & efficiently.
- Promote racing for all levels and abilities, within a One-Design Class, with athletes competing on affordable, matched equipment.
- Develop a self-sustaining community, promoting all of the CR:X Class objectives.
- Champion universality within kiteboarding